Thanks for being a member of the DhakDhak community! DhakDhak’s mission is to provide a service that is suitable for all types of users, that values freedom of expression and the acceptance of a diverse range of ideas and opinions, and that enables its users to “share, create and connect” in a lawful, safe, inclusive, and supportive manner.
DhakDhak has established these Community Guidelines to help it fulfill this mission and to set forth certain activity and types of content that users are prohibited from engaging in and/or uploading to the service in order to ensure that DhakDhak remains a safe, friendly, and a fun place to create amazing and original content.
DhakDhak reserves the right to remove certain content from the service and/or take additional actions against users of the service who violate these Community Guidelines, including the right to monitor and report violations of these Community Guidelines to the applicable authorities. The consequences for violating these Community Guidelines depend on various factors, including, but not limited to, the nature and the severity of the violation and any other aggravating or relevant factors.
These Community Guidelines supplement the DhakDhak Terms of Service, which are incorporated by reference herein. For more information please visit the Terms of Service.
If you would like to report a violation of these Community Guidelines to DhakDhak, please email Support@DhakDhak.world
Bullying, Harassment or Threats
DhakDhak strictly prohibits abusive behaviour that is intended to harass, bully, intimidate, threaten, or degrade other users either on or off the platform. Bullying and harassment include a wide variety of unwanted type of behaviour and conduct. This includes, without limitation, making unwanted malicious contact with another user, threatening another user, or intending to inflict harm or distress on another user, including physical, psychological, or social harm. Hence, kindly do not:
- Send abusive, offensive, or threatening messages or comment on a user’s posts or user profile with abusive language or insults
- Incite or encourage other users to harass, bully or threaten a user, an individual or a group of people
- Threaten another person’s physical safety in a manner that creates a reasonable fear of injury or harm
- Express a desire for a particular user, an individual or a group of people to hurt or kill themselves
- Make unwanted and unsolicited sexual advances, sexual remarks, request for sexual favours to another user
- Threaten to release a person’s personal information without their consent with the intent to harm them, commonly referred to as doxing
Content that relates to bullying and harassment is allowed if it serves an educational, documentary, scientific, artistic, or activist purpose, such as posting content that brings awareness to the effects of cyberbullying or harassment by using actual or simulated examples as an illustration or that is artistic or comedic in nature.
Hate Speech and Depictions of Hateful Conduct
DhakDhak prohibits any content or behaviour that promotes violence, hatred, discrimination, or denigration on another person or group of people on the basis of race, colour, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disabilities, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or diseases. We define people or a group of people with any of those attributes as a member or members of a “protected class”. Hence, kindly do not:
- Post content that encourages, promotes or praises violence against another user or group of people because they are a member or members of a protected class
- Post, message or comment any content containing slurs or stereotypes with the purpose of degrading or promoting hatred or a harmful stereotype of a member or members of a protected class
- Post content that contains hateful imagery (logos, symbols or images) with the intent to promote or incite hatred towards a certain protected class
- Post content that contains dehumanizing speech, statements of inferiority, calls for discrimination, exclusion or segregation
- Post content that promotes hateful ideologies against one or more protected classes
Sexually Explicit Content
DhakDhak restricts content containing nudity and adult content. We define nudity as full or partial nudity, including close-ups of genitals, buttocks, or breasts (excluding content related to breastfeeding). We also restrict any content that includes any sexual intercourse, simulated sexual acts, and other sexual activities. Hence, kindly do not:
- Post content containing human genitalia, female nipples, or buttocks
- Post content the depicts sexual intercourse, masturbation, or other sexual activity, including non-penetrative or oral sex (whether actual, simulated or dramatized)
- Post content that contains sexual activities
- Post content that depicts sexual exploitation or sexual abuse of another (whether actual, simulated or dramatized)
- Post content, advertisement or links to pornographic, escort or erotic websites and services
Violent and Graphic Content and Illegal Activities
DhakDhak does not allow content that is excessively gruesome, shocking or contains or promotes illegal activities. In certain circumstances, we allow graphic content to be displayed within our platform to bring awareness about the issue. Hence, kindly do not:
- Post content that shows graphic violence, torture, or death of a human (whether actual, simulated or dramatized)
- Post content that shows yourself or another individual inflicting self-harm or committing suicide (whether actual, simulated or dramatized)
- Post content that promotes suicide or self-harm
- Post content that would shock or disgust other users
- Post content to incite others to engage in criminal conduct or violent acts against others
- Post content celebrating or praising the glorification of violence or crime
- Post content that shows graphic violence, torture, or death of an animal
- Post, message or comment on any content featuring, encouraging, or soliciting illegal activity
In certain cases, violent or graphic material is allowed where it serves an educational, documentary, scientific, artistic, or activist purpose, such as posting content that shows the harm of police brutality, sharing personal stories of a person’s self-harm to educate others about mental health issues and suicide prevention, or displaying staged or organized martial arts fighting.
Safety of Minors
DhakDhak has a zero-tolerance policy regarding content or conduct that endangers the safety of minors (anyone younger than 18 years old). Any content which contains or promotes child sexual exploitation or otherwise engagers children will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency. Hence, kindly do not:
- Post any content that shows a minor in a state of nudity (showing human genitalia, female nipples, or buttocks)
- Content which depicts any person who appears to be under the age of eighteen (18) engaging in actual or simulated:
- sexual intercourse;
- bestiality, masturbation, sadistic or masochistic abuse; or
- exhibition of genitals or a person’s pubic area in a sexual manner.
This includes images that have been adapted or modified to make it appear that a minor under the age of 18 is engaged in such conduct.
- Post third-party links to sites that host child pornography or other child sexual exploitation materials
- Solicit, encourage or express an interest in having sexual intercourse (including non-penetrative or oral sex) with a minor or any other sexual activity
- Solicit, encourage or express an interest in transporting a minor for sexual purposes
- Post content that depicts, promotes or encourages minors to participate in dangerous or illegal activity, including the consumption or use of drugs and/or alcohol
Misleading Information, Impersonation and Spam
While DhakDhak encourages its users to express themselves freely, we prohibit any information that is intentionally misleading or done with malice that may present harm to the other users and the public. Hence, kindly do not:
- Use another person’s photo, name or likeness as your profile picture
- User another person’s photo, name or likeness in connection with any content you upload to the service without that person’s permission
- Use another person’s content unless that content has been properly licensed or is otherwise used with the express permission of such person (or the applicable rights holder of such content) – if it’s not yours, don’t upload it
- Falsely represent an affiliation to a particular candidate, elected official, political party or government entity
- Intentionally post false or misleading information to threaten the integrity of the electoral process
- Intentionally post false or misleading information which may cause physical or psychological harm or fear to the public or other users
- Impersonate another individual or organization
- Engage in or solicit any phishing or any fraudulent behaviour
- Post spam content or material or direct other users to external third-party sites
- Post content not related to the platform or repetitive comments/content/messages across multiple profiles
- Engage in excessive emoji/icon spam
Unauthorized Sharing of Private Information
DhakDhak respects the privacy of not only your account but other individuals as well. For that reason, we prohibit our users from revealing or exposing someone’s private information without their consent or violating someone’s privacy. Hence, kindly do not:
- Share personally identifiable information (such as another person’s real name, location, photo or identification)
- Post or share any restricted or protected social profiles including information from those profiles
- Share content that violates another’s a reasonable expectation of privacy, for example streaming from a private space, without permission.
Metadata refers to any and all additional information provided on an item of content uploaded to the service, such as the title, description, tags, annotations, copyright information, thumbnail, author/owner attribution, etc. Hence, kindly do not:
- Include metadata that is not an actual representation of the content in which it is contained or that is otherwise false or misleading.
- Insert false or misleading metadata in an attempt to game search algorithms (doing this may lead to the removal of your content and possible suspension or termination of your account)
Don't post content or interact with other members of the Community in a way that infringes the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of others. Only post your own content or content that you have permission to use.
Last but not the least, be sure to follow all relevant laws and regulations!